1/30/10

My Affair...

i never thought it would happen when i married, but it has- a new love has come between us...

Glitter Graphics
Actually, this has been going on for some time now. This interloper i have been spending my time with is always there for me, is good - looking, is extremely fascinating, can answer almost any question i have about anything, and is a wonderful muse to my creativity.

It even checks my spelling!

Yes, i love my P.C.and all the new technology, but DH does not! i did, at the beginning, manage to get him to play a couple of games with me, but that faded quickly (plus i'm not really into the games myself that much). i acquired my first P.C. only about ten years ago, and THAT was after a couple of years of wheedling, arguing, and explaining to him why we should get a computer! Of course, at that time, it was well over $1000 to get even a very basic desktop (only kind there was).


Remember these?

i still remember when i set my first PC up and turned it on (OMG, i think it had a whole 1 GB hard drive!!- now what are we talking about- terabytes?!). i actually acquired it handed down from my SIL, who had bought it second hand from her boss! i already had, like everyone else did in this country, an AOL free trial CD (the first software i ever loaded), and when it was done, i heard a "ding!" and that now ubiquitous "You've got mail!" i swear i almost cried! FINALLY! i had arrived into the age of technology!
Spent the next few months sitting in the computer room late into the night, cruising the Web, printing out greeting cards (in black & white- didn't have a COLOR printer!), creating Word documents (the full version actually came already loaded into P.C.s back then, too - sometimes!), and emailing the very few people i knew who HAD an email. i had fallen in love! It was very much like that with me, and i can bet some of you can relate to that, too- the amazement, the wonder, the urge to find out everything you can discover about this crazy new thing in your life.
To this day, Hubby does not understand why I'm so involved and want to spend so much time with this creature.

 
Here's my newest baby-my netbook!
So i showed hubby some of the wonderful things i could now do (like THIS blog), and he said, "That's nice - but does it do anything important?" Sigh.... Left brained are from Venus; right brained are from Mars...

No comments:

Post a Comment