5/13/10

Fishin For A Name..





Baby Skeeter and Godzilla having a conversation..
My first Koi was 2" long, cost a buck and a quarter, and was a pale yellow gold. I named him Godzilla (well, i had to name him something Japanese!), and he lived to be a foot long and bright orange, and would eat from my hand. He was pretty much a "common" variety, but i thought he was awesome! Koi can live for many years - unfortunately, Godzilla only made it to 6. When he died three winters ago, i was actually very saddened (yes, i know it's just a fish! So?), and did not have luck with Koi for quite awhile after him. I did get 3 small Koi two years ago, and one of those three became another favorite. He's white with black "cow" spots, and is very noticeable (hopefully the herons won't notice, though!).
But i can't think of a good name for him (her?)!

i'm hoping i can rely on my blog group to help me out! What do you think? (i do have an orange and black Koi, also - if there are two good names, he'll get one too! This is actually dangerous - you know what the "rule" of pondkeeping is - the first Koi to die young are either the most expensive, the biggest, or the ones you have named!)LOL
But I'll risk it! Please help! He's been nameless long enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment