3/30/12

Favorite Garden Tchotchkes Pt.1

My gardens are filled with "pretties" that I have found and collected from flea markets, craft shows and closeout stores.My only saving grace is that I have a large enough yard that IT doesn't look like a flea market! 
The Thesaurus tells me that "tchotchke" pretty much means "useless piece of crap" (which is exactly what the spousal unit calls it!), but I think my crap actually enhances the garden! We are still arguing over gazing balls ~ he thinks they are trailer park decor, and I love them, so I have to sneak one or two into hidden corners so he won't notice!
A disclaimer ~ some of my tchotchkes were actually purchased at art shows from hard working artists, so forgive me for lumping those into this category. :-)


This first in my "tchotchke series" is a nice little plaque I found at a garage sale. I love the quote on it, and I lightly painted it to put more depth into it. I'll post another a bit later!

No comments:

Post a Comment