4/12/14

Garden Angels - Not What You Think

I was given this garden plaque years ago. I didn't like it - first, I don't care for angels (Fairies - yes! Angels - nah). Second, I'm a stickler for grammar, and I couldn't figure the saying out. What did it even mean? That we HAVE garden angels? Or there ARE garden angels? I WANT garden angels? It made no sense. I didn't get rid of it because my Mommy in Law gave it to me, and she did mean well by it (don't tell her I didn't like it)! So it was hung in a hidden corner and languished there for a long time. 



Well, the other day I was looking around the yard, and decided to finally fix a hole at the top of our privacy fence right by the veggie garden, where the top of a slat had been broken off. Took some trial and error, but I finally remembered that plaque, which was the perfect size to disguise said hole! It fit perfectly, but now came the dilemma - it was now front and center in the garden, and I STILL didn't like it! So I got out the polymer clay and acrylic paints, stamped out a "Latin" garden phrase, and this is what it looks like now...  
I love it ! It's colorful, and nobody else has one like it! It's now a fun and treasured addition to the garden that I will be happy for any garden visitors to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment