3/18/11

***plAnt dAy!****SILVER LACE VINE Aureum (a running commentary on the most interesting collector's plants I own)


This was my top plant last year. Acquired it in 2009, and a year later it really popped! From the chartreuse leaves all season, to the pink stems, to the foamy white flowers that lasted thru several hard frosts, this vine was totally amazing!

Here is the "official" description~

Polygonum aubertii 'Aureum' Silver Lace Vine Z: 4-8


The gold leaf form. PROFUSE, FRAGRANT white flowers in late summer on a 'Polygonum' that is nothing like it's cousins. It's a VINE, not a ground cover. It is vigorous and excellent for covering fences and buildings. Blooms for a long, long time! Soil: Most any, Well-drained best H: 20-30'

 Midsummer

 Detail of the blossoms ~ actually, I liked it better before it bloomed, but the flowers grew on me (heh)
This was taken on August 30. I'm looking forward to this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment