2/18/09

The calm before the storm?

i very much dislike wintertime, yet i realize i am enjoying February in one way- i can sleep late on the weekends, i don't have to rush to make more pieces for the next show, don't have to get up at 5 AM to go set up the canopy in the dark at 6 or 6:30 AM, or work all weekend and then get up on Monday and go to my "real" job! Can you tell i'm inherently lazy? i did also finally have time to work on my website and this blog...Now, on the other hand, as soon as it starts to get nice outside, i will start to get the urge to create again, and i will really look forward to the shows! The thing about my leaf castings and garden art is that people in my town don't even think about the great outdoors during the cold months. At Christmas, when I even remind them that my work would be especially welcomed by gardeners and nature enthusiasts for the holidays, the non gardeners who are looking for the gifts don't get it - so while i do well at that time, i don't do GREAT. The time i have discovered is MY time to shine is summer! So now i have four events planned in the space of five weeks! And another couple in that next month! I think it's great, i just hope i can keep enough inventory up for all of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment