2/9/09

Kids...







In my profile, i mentioned being "childfree". i read a book a long time ago, the author stated that she didn't use the phrase "child-less" because that implied that she was missing something, and she felt that wasn't the case. As it is with me. i certainly don't hate kids, but i believe being an only child AND then being the child who everyone bullied all through grade school and high school put me off ever wanting to do anything that would put me in that world again. One theory from that book (i'm sorry; the book really impressed me, but i couldn't tell you who authored it) is that when parents smother their child and their whole world revolves around that child (just like my parents), you grow up believing (even if it was not true) that's how you'd have to be with YOUR child, and are unwilling to do that. Anyway, i'm darn near past childbearing age, and i can honestly say that i have yet to regret that decision. My parents were mad, though! BUT, wasn't their decision to make. The other factor was my husband- that was my only worry, that he would have felt like i took that away from him - but he has always been fine with it. So i was lucky in that!

No comments:

Post a Comment