2/19/09

CrickitWorld

Crickit supervising my leaf casting
My mother passed away in April 2001. My parents had always kept to themselves, and i always described them as "joined at the hip". After mom died, my dad was lost; didn't want to be alone and didn't want to get around other people. My husband, who always wants to do something nice for others, suggested that we get Dad a kitten (i had had cats at home before). Well, we went to the shelter, found a pretty little kitten, got all the accessories, and took it over. It REALLY didn't work out! Dad didn't want to mess with a kitten (even though he had mentioned getting one!)

So..., since we had just lost one of ours (of old age), we adopted this little female and named her Crickit. We have had her now for eight years, and she's the best! Cuddles with us all the time, joins me out in the gardens in the warm months, stays off the kitchen counters ...an all around good kitty.

Except when we brought a NEW kitten into her home......
*

No comments:

Post a Comment